26 March 2014

Zadie Smith interviews Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

http://new.livestream.com/schomburgcenter/events/2831224/videos/45613924

You may recall that I love Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie. My feelings about Zadie Smith are more ambiguous (I talk about this a little in a footnote to this entry), but I'm steadily coming around, and this interview really helped, actually -- I think there's something about her that I have in the past found incredibly affected, but am realizing really isn't. In any case, I have always also found her a very interesting thinker, so I was quite excited to watch this. And it was everything I hoped for, times a billion. It's just over an hour long, and it's so completely fantastic. Smart, laugh out loud funny, thought-provoking, no-nonsense-straight-up-lay-some-truth-on-it-yessss! kind of great. I was chuckling and nodding and oh interesting!-ing throughout. I loved it. Check it out.

No comments: